Making sure that you are comfortable and receiving everything you need to make your experience as pleasant as possible is very important to us. Once you decide that NuHeight Minimally Invasive Limb Lengthening Surgery with Dr. Kane is the right decision for you, our staff will work to prepare you for every step in your journey.
The concierge staff will coordinate your transportation needs, hotel stay, hospital admission process & discharge, initial recovery, any pharmacy needs and physical therapy. You will stay at the Frisco Omni Hotel, just minutes from Dr. Kane’s office, the hospital and The Star complex, home of the Dallas Cowboys. The concierge will coordinate with the hotel personnel to make sure your check-in process is seamless, smooth, and discreet. She will make sure you are comfortable in your hotel room and will have the in-room refrigerator stocked with your favorite non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. Depending on your day of arrival, the concierge can coordinate any activities you might want to do or visit prior to the day of surgery. Concierge services will be available daily.
WHAT TO EXPECT
* Introductory Consultation Call/ Appointment
Our team will coordinate an initial call or visit with you and Dr. Kane. This will give you an opportunity get to know him, his capabilities and bedside manner. It is important that you feel comfortable with the doctor and team, so we encourage you to ask questions and express any concerns you might have. A medical history and assessment will be completed to ensure your overall health.
Because this is considered an elective procedure, you will want to plan in advance. Full recovery can take up 3-6 months before all regular activity and exercise is medically approved.
* Two Days Before Surgery
Many patients like to travel to Dallas 2 days before surgery. If you are traveling from out of the area, we will arrange a car service to pick you up at either convenient airport, (DFW International and Dallas Love Field) only 20-25 minutes from the Omni Frisco Hotel. Our concierge will obtain all the necessary information in advance so your check-in process will be completed before your arrival, making your transition seamless and discreet. Additional arrangements can be coordinated as requested.
* One Day Before Surgery
You will be expected to meet with Dr. Kane the day before surgery. He will answer any last-minute questions, order medications as needed to be delivered to your hotel room, review pre-surgery instructions, surgery & recovery time and your one-night hospital stay.
* Day of Surgery
We will have the car service meet you in front of the hotel early in the morning and take you to the hospital. You should expect to spend 1-2 nights at Eminent Medical Center.
* Return to Hotel post-surgery
Once medically cleared, you will be transported back to the hotel. Our concierge will make sure your transfer is smooth, discreet, and that you will return to your hotel room with ease. We will inform the hotel of any food restrictions or preferences and make sure you have everything you need.
Daily follow up post-surgery
- * The nurse will visit you daily to ensure you’re healing properly, monitor your medication, and food & drink intake.
- * The physician will be checking in with you regularly as well. He will give you his cell phone number so you will have direct access to call him if needed.
- * The physical therapist will visit your hotel daily to continue your healing with prescribed physical therapy exercises. This can be done in your room or in the gym located in the hotel. The therapist will design a P.T. regimen for you and will provide you with your own personal guide to take once you return home.
- * The hotel staff and the NuHeight concierge are available if you need anything. (Patients are strongly encouraged to stay in the hotel for a minimum of 2 weeks to allow the initial healing process to continue without any barriers, distractions, or obstacles. This period is critical for developing good habits so you can continue your healing and limb growth once you return home. A deck in your room is available if you need to work while healing.)
- * The team will follow up with you and set a time for a follow up visit or telephone call with Dr. Kane to discuss your progress. If additional medications are needed, we will have them delivered to you prior to returning home.
- * Several follow up visits /calls will be arranged for the duration of the healing process until it is time for the titanium nails to be removed.
- * Information on a physical therapist in your area will be provided
Returning Home 2 weeks post-surgery
Another surgery will be scheduled 18 months after original surgery to remove the titanium nails